Saturday, December 7, 2013

Chef John Besh book signing!


Yesterday I finally got to meet my cooking idol, Chef John Besh! I had it all planned out, what I was going to say, what picture I wanted taken.....it didn't work that way. 

Here's the kids waiting for him to arrive....

I love the fact that he's a born and raised southern boy. He's been married to his sweetheart for years and they have 4 kids together. I feel like I can relate to him on so many levels! 
When we got up to him, I handed him my books and introduced him to the whole family (which had him laughing.....if you can picture, "this is Ally, Amber, Andrew, Anthony, Alice,  Bradley" as he shook all of their hands. I mentioned that I was a culinary school graduate and that Ally wanted to be a chef but I don't think he heard me. Bradley then piped up and blurted out that he tried his foie gras but couldn't get into it.....Chef Besh laughed and said, "not for you, huh?" 
He then noticed Andrew in his Drew Bree's jersey. He told him "hey Drew Bree's, I'm going to need you to play good this weekend ok." Andrew just nodded his head (because he really had no clue what Chef Besh was talking about, poor kid. Andrew then asked him if he's won any cooking shows. Chef Besh laughed and said "I've won a few...." 



I then went to take a picture with him. I had so much more I wanted to say but felt rushed with the line of people behind us! I had to take a selfie....my hand was shaking and I didn't ask for another but I should have.


Alice and Bradley both took pictures.... Notice one had my eyes closed the other had his eyes closed....



I'm hoping someone can photoshop these so I can have one good picture to frame. All in all it was a great meeting. He was down to earth and seemed like someone we would hang out with. Of course, I think most people from the south are like that. Hopefully I'll meet him again in the future and get to pick his brain!












No comments:

Post a Comment