Thursday, December 12, 2013

Gluten free slutty brownies

Since I'm slowly moving into the gluten free world, I get excited when something comes out delicious. One thing that didn't come out good ..... Gluten free French bread. They didn't rise, they barely browned, and they were dense. So back to square one for those. 

Yes, this is them fully cooked.

The other night Bradley wanted brownies....and chocolate chip cookies .....rolled together. Ha! Talk about having a sweet tooth! I only had gluten free flour in the house so I figured what the heck, I'll try a homemade brownie recipe. I don't always have good luck with brownies. Sometimes they're too fudgey, too cakey, they never turn out like the box mix. I figured if I couldn't get that beautiful flaky top with regular flour, there was no way I was going to get it with gluten free. 
I scoured the internet and came across the recipe for gluten free slutty brownies. Wonder why they're called slutty? It's because of the menaje a trois of flavor....chocolate chip cookie meets Oreo cookie meets brownie. What could be wrong with that?! My best friend sherry originally introduced me to this cookie...it's one of those that is completely addicting! 

I didn't have any Oreos but I know Walmart has gluten free ones that are less than $4 per pack. Can't tell you if they're any good or not. I'll have to try them sometime. 

Slutty brownies (recipe from zest bakery.com)

Preheat oven to 350.

Chocolate chip cookie recipe

1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (I used domato)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream together butter and sugars
Add everything else, making sure to scrape sides of bowl. Place mixture in the bottom of a 9x9 greased pan. Place in fridge while you mix up brownies.



1 package gluten free Oreo like cookies (which I left out)

Brownie recipe

10 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 c gluten free flour

In a medium saucepan melt butter. Once it's melted, add sugar and cocoa powder. Remove from heat.  Add salt, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk until combined. Add flour and mix well.

Remove chocolate chip dough from fridge. If your using the Oreos, layer those across the top then cover with the brownie mixture. 



Bake for 35- 40 min or until toothpick comes out clean from brownie layer. 







No comments:

Post a Comment