Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cookbooks...

I've been asked before which cookbooks I like. I have a few go to books (see yesterdays post about John Besh!). Here's a few of my favorites.....

 
Hard to see some of them but in this picture is:
 Giada's Everyday Italian - she has some amazing, quick and easy Italian recipes.
 
The Bread lovers bread machine cookbook - Alice gave me this book with my bread machine. The recipes are easy and good! Of course, the sticky bun recipe is the one that's gotten the most use.
 
1000 Mexican recipes - I haven't actually used this one yet but it warrants a spot on my shelf because it's the last cookbook my dad gave me.
 
The Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookbook - I got this for my 15th birthday on a trip to San Fransisco with my dad, cousin Liz, and Grandpa. I've used the heck out of it and the white chocolate crème brulee recipe is awesome!!
 
The Pioneer Woman Cooks - I could write a book on how much I love Ree Drummond and her recipes! They are easy and delicious! Honestly, I've made a ton of her recipes and none of them have ever turned out bad. In case you don't know, she has a website that is fantastic with lots of photos to follow along with!
 
Tyler Florence Family Meal - I've made the Beef Braciole and the Beef Wellington, both were fantastic (although I did have to google a video of him rolling up the Beef Braciole because I didn't think I was doing it right.)
 
Delicious Disney - I bought this for the Tonga Toast.....it had nothing to do with the fact that I LOVE Disney!
 
Good Eats -  I love Alton Browns knowledge on all things food! This one is actually Bradley's but I did read it from cover to cover.
 
John Besh, My Family Table - I've made a ton of the recipes in here. It's another one I've read cover to cover.
Not pictured is John Besh, My New Orleans - I have it on my kindle and use it more than most of these!
 
This one here is the first cookbook I ever received. (from my dad). It's one that I recommend to anyone that is learning to cook since it's the one I learned to cook on.
 
 
If you all haven't guessed by this post, I got my love of cooking from my dad. He was always in the kitchen. Anytime I had a question about a recipe or needed a dinner idea, he was the one I would call. I ended up writing down a lot of his recipes before he passed away (thank goodness!).
 
Here he was doing what he did best!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment