Thursday, November 7, 2013

Disney Value Resort....3rd times the charm!

That's how many times I've tried to write this post and also how many times my computer has messed up and deleted it......
It's ok though because each one I've written hasn't been exactly right. I started out wanting to talk about Disney on a budget. Honestly, there's so much information that I have in my brain that I don't think I could fit it into one post without overwhelming you. So, I've decided to break it down. The first thing I'd like to talk about is the value resorts at Disney World. There are 5 different hotels in this category.
All Star Movies

All Star Music
 
All Star Sports
 
 Pop Century

 and Art of Animation.

My family has personally stayed at the All Star Music and All Star Movies.
These resorts are full of in your face Disney décor. (that's one of the things that I love about them). They all have nice pools, arcades, food courts, and bus service to and from the parks and Downtown Disney. 

The standard rooms have either 2 double beds or 1 king, a full bath, closet and dresser. They do not include a mini fridge or coffee maker. However, the food court does have coffee, tea, and soda. You can purchase a refillable mug in the food court that you can refill as often as you like during your stay. (you can only refill it in the food court of the resort you are staying at. If you purchase a meal plan, you will get this mug for free).

All Star Music and Art of Animation resorts both have family suites.
The suite at All Star Music is one bedroom. There's a queen bed in the bedroom, a double pull out sofa sleeper, an ottoman that becomes a twin bed and a chair that also is a twin bed. There are 2 full bathrooms and a kitchenette with fridge and coffee pot. It's location is close to the food court and a quick walk from the parking lot (some of the regular rooms are a bit of a walk from the parking area).





The Art of Animation suites are also 1 bedroom. There's a queen bed in the bedroom, a double size pull out sofa sleeper, and a dining room table that turns into a Murphy bed. This room also has a kitchenette and 2 full bathrooms.


 
These suites are themed with Finding Nemo, Cars, and The Lion King. There are also standard rooms available here that are Little Mermaid theme.
 
As you can see, Disney has quite a few choices for value resorts. Our experiences have been great. I will say, our last stay in December was at All star Music. We requested 2 connecting rooms. We did get that but the rooms were so far from the parking lot. It was quite a hike to take all of our stuff from the car to the room. (Plus, at the end of a long day at the parks, it was not something I looked forward to). I loved staying in the family suites, there was plenty of room for all of us (that particular trip we had 3 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 child, and an infant). Being close to the food court and the parking lots is a great perc to these rooms (at least it was for me!)
 
(with the exception of the family suite bedroom photo, all photos are courtesy of Disney)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment