Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Best yeast roll recipe!

I'm always on the hunt for good bread recipes. I've made some bread that was good but I've never made it and had it be great! Until this yeast roll recipe entered my life! These are soft, fluffy, balls of goodness. So without further ado.....

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast

Warm milk and water together in a measuring cup  (or mug or bowl, whatever you want) make sure temp is about 110 degrees. (this is important because if the liquid is too hot or too cold the yeast won't work). Add yeast, stir gently and let sit until you can see the yeast getting all bubbly and starting to work....Kind of like this....not the best picture but it'll give you an idea.

 
I use a bread machine on the dough cycle for the rest of the recipe but you can use your hands or a kitchen aid.
 
Add all ingredients and mix...
and mix some more
 
 
 
mix until blended and dough is a nice smooth ball. Cover in a warm, draft free area and let rise until doubled in size.
Like this....
 
Then take off chunks and form however you like. Place on sheet (or in a baking pan) and let rise a second time.
Before letting it rise a second time you can take them and freeze them  for later use. I also have put scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese in the middle and frozen them for a quick and easy breakfast.
Another tip: I've found that if I put them in a dish where they are closer together, they do better. It forces them to rise up. I've baked them on a pan like this before and they ended up baking flatter than I liked.
 
Before putting in the oven, baste with some melted butter. (Do this once through the baking process and again when you remove them from the oven.)
 
Bake at 350 degrees about 15 min or until golden brown on top.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment